Monday 5 August 2013

So July was set aside for focusing on what I, and my blog followers,are grateful for!

Being the one who blogged about this idea in the first place, sort of forced me to take the challenge seriously. So this month, I intentionally took photos of little things that I was grateful for each day..I said a little prayer of thanks and counted my blessings.

Living with a “grateful” attitude is nothing less than a BIG eye-opener. There are so many incredible people I get to interact with on a daily basis, so many beautiful sites I get to see, so many joy-soaked moments...all of which I take for granted. Daily.

Well this month was different – this month I was awakened to the little things of life..the things we forget to thank God for..the things we feel just fit into ‘normal life’; forgetting that your normal may be someone else’s dream.

So this month I thanked Jesus for my functioning healthy body, for the summer heat, for the river-path that allows us to escape city life on Saturday morning runs. For the little kids who cheer “waygook” when I walk past, for my tiny apartment, for the gift of faith.  I thanked him for my family, my friends, and for those challenging moments I’ve had over the past few weeks which have shaped and refined me. I thanked him too for giving me the freedom to dream, and to be privileged enough to encourage others to do the same.

You see the little things are what make the bigger picture. In the end, all these little passing moments become tiny vapours that make up the bubble I live in...the life I love!


It is my prayer that we would all start living grateful lives. It is but a tiny taste of positivity...but this very attitude could reveal realms of possibility, of hope, of a beautiful future that “negative” thinking may have convinced you otherwise of.

Grateful for the privilege, I had this past month, of addressing a large group of people..challenging them to start doing what they love and loving the life they live! 

Grateful for the privilege, I had this past month, of addressing a large group of people..challenging them to start doing what they love and loving the life they live!



Check out what a few of my readers are grateful for...


Image 

I am grateful for my babies. Grateful that I come home every night to a very warm welcome and lots and lots of love!


Image 

FOREVER GRATEFUL for having you all with me during the biggest roller-coaster year of my life. Forever grateful


Image 

I am grateful for this girl. Nicky le roux. She has been a sister in this foreign land and watching her grow has been such a delight. she encourages me, loves me and knows me all too well. so grateful for her!


Image 

Sunsets


Image 

So grateful for Africa's precious and innocent little children.



Image 

This is my frying pan. Aside from the boring things like my bed and my phone, it probably brings me the most joy out of everything that I own. I saved up for it, and I'm taking extra good care of it. It is a non-stick Scanpan.


Image 

Here is a photo of Hout Bay I took the other day :) I'm grateful for the beautiful nature that we are surrounded with every day!


Image 

So I'm sending you a pic of what I'm grateful for.... It's a photo of my brother (Ricks) & my little girl (Kirsten). He's busy building a bike, that we auctioned at our church for charity, and Kirsten just wants to help him. She adores him :)

So, what am I grateful for? FAMILY!! I'm grateful for family, because without them we're just one little helpless individual.


Image 

I am the most grateful for a very simple thing, a pen. Without it, I could never connect my thoughts to paper. That and a little imagination is all you need!


Image 

That I had the opportunity to share the amazing experience of being in South Korea with my sister.


Image 

Grateful for moments like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...