Monday 19 May 2014

What's in your hands??


We are entering week three of my Happiness Project course and with ‘giving’ being one the 5 Happiness habits that we aim to establish in our lives over this 21 day course, I thought I’d share some of my own thoughts with you along these lines...

So, today I want to ask you a simple question: What form of giving comes easiest to you???

I’m not saying that giving comes easily to all of us, but I do believe that there is an innate desire in all of us to give, in some small way.

I once heard a sermon {don’t let this chase you away, this is worth a read} on the concept of giving. The pastor mentioned that God asked what Moses, when he was heading for the red sea, what he had in his hand. And Moses replied “a stick”. God then encouraged him to use what was ‘in his hands’ when he reached the Red sea. You know the rest….the sea parted J

The pastor then challenged us on the concept of giving by asking “What do you have in your hands?’ What he meant by this was what are your talents, what do you have easy access to? Be it time, money, resources – what is in your hands?
 

So my encouragement today, it to reflect on what you have in your hands? Simple example – I LOVE inspiring people and have plenty resources to help with this. So my challenge is to see where I can contribute (give) without receiving anything in return. Get it??


YOU are awesome!!! 

Remember, the world awaits people who know who they are deep down and are able to live from that space - BE that person :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...