Tuesday 22 July 2014

Time is free...yet priceless!!





I have just got home from a three week trip in Europe {and yes it was amazing thank you}!! One of these weeks was spent following the Tour de France in a camper van {motorhome} with 6 of my family members. 

Did I fear whether we’d all still speak to each other after this rather cozy adventure? Well of course I did. But that was when I thought we were in for 7 days in the sun. Which was not the case. No instead we had rain. A lot of it. Everyday. But thank God {quite literally  that I have the family that I do – with minds set on adventure, we took the rain in our stride, bought raincoats, umbrellas and poncho’s and waddled our way through an epic week.

Now bare with me, as while this isn’t the focus on my Blog post, it is the source from where’s I gained my inspiration for this post. You see, life is fairly simple when it’s just YOU, doing what YOU love doing, spinning on your little hamster wheel. When life gets interesting is when you put a number of hamster wheels into a confined space {did I hear you say hello family} – you got it!!

This was our first family holiday in a few of years…and definitely our first long family holiday as grown adults.

Now as kids, you pretty much do what your parenst tell you to do. But as adult children, we tend to have developed our own ways of doing things – basically, our ‘go to’s’.

One of the beautiful things I learnt on this trip – was the gift of time. And how perfectly ok it is, that each of us see time so differently. Personally, I tend to wake with the birds – to embrace the day and to never let a minute pass by without having done something constructive with it. Now while this has served me in many ways, it is also quite exhausting. I always blamed my “I can’t sit still lifestyle” on my upbringing, but then there I found myself this past week, sitting working on my mac or reading my kindle that was glued to the table under my throbbing thumbs {a camper is quite a vehicle to maneuver and lets just say things didn’t stay where you put them}, while the remainder of my family did things that they considered ‘maximizing their time”.  

There is little that’s more exhausting, than trying to live your life pleasing others. And let’s face it – they’re not usually pleased anyway.

Knowing how best to structure your day {your time} is awfully freeing – as it not only gives you permission to be YOU…but it always gives me {or others} permission to be me {them}!!! Win win!!!

Time is indeed free, but priceless too and that means it deserves your best!!!


If this all sounds great but unfortunately you’re in a rut right now that screams anything but “I’m making the most of my day”, then let’s connect & see what we can do to shift things up a bit. 

THIS IS YOUR LIFE. ONE LIFE TO LIVE. MAKE IT COUNT!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...