Monday 17 June 2013

What have you given up on??

For me, there is something magical about long bus-trips in a foreign land.

Three and a half years ago, I backpacked around Thailand with 3 of my best friends for a few weeks…I also got to travel alone for 2 days in Thailand before flying out of the country. I left my friends on an island and took an overnight bus en-route to Bangkok. I can literally remember every minute of that bus-trip. I sat for a good couple of hours listening to my ipod, daydreaming as I stared out the window at the foreign countryside; I had never felt more alive. The realization that for the first time in my life, I was alone in an unknown place brought feelings of utter exhilaration. I swore to myself that day, that this would not be the last time I felt these feelings…

Sitting at my desk last year, married, liking my job but definitely not loving it…I guess I gradually let go of those deep-rooted dreams; dreams I had once thought so real. This was real life now.

Today as I write this (in my journal), I am sitting on a bus in Korea, in a window seat, staring out at foreign countryside, smiling. I feel safe and I feel alive. And the best part is, I live here...so I get to do this every weekend :) 

You see dreams forgotten are not lost…they are just hidden somewhere deep within us, ready to be awakened at any moment.

So…What have you given up on???


And more importantly, what are you going to do about it?? 


Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...