Monday 24 June 2013

What would your life look like if....

What would your life look like if you stopped worrying about what and who “they” expect you to be…and you started living out who you were created to be?

I can’t say I’ve mastered this one. I am a people-pleaser by nature.  But one thing for sure is that when it comes to living up to other’s expectations of me, I have taken leaps forward compared to where I was a couple years back.

It is so easy to get comfortable doing the things you are good at. In the beginning, its fun and you feel proud…that is until the world gets a hold of that talent/passion/personality trait…and they decide that that very “thing” will define you. It will become “who” you are…and you will NOT stray from it.

I reached a point in my life when I had enough…I had enough of being a good runner and a strong leader…I cracked! And I did what I feel many of us of would love to do sometimes…I gave up. Ok that wasn’t the wisest of decisions and it didn’t last very long, but it opened up a realm of possibilities for me - what I wanted my future to look like.

I started with a blank page and gradually built up a list of things I enjoyed doing…things other people may not know I enjoy doing…but I do.

In the end, my list did include running & public speaking, but for me I had reached a tipping point in my life, NO longer would I be defined/limited by a few things I do well…I was created, YOU were created, for far more than being defined by a little somewhat limiting talent or passion.

When God created you He had an intention. You were made to live an abundant life, not limited by human expectation. Every day I try to take a step towards living the life I am destined for…not the one that other’s feel would be best suited for me.


It’s freeing! Worth a try I’d say!!!

1045093_520640014670363_729189109_n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...