Friday 22 November 2013

Get Fit Friday: The breakfast of champions!

Good morning (or afternoon – depending on your location).  

Today’s Get Fit Friday is about the most important meal of the day {Read more here}.  My husband and I are both morning people and so we tend to make use of that by going for a run or hitting the gym for a cardio workout.

Exercising in the morning is invigorating to say the least, I love starting my day on a high. Naturally I have to give my body back that which I burn off during my workout and this is where today’s breakfast comes in.

It's genuinely my favorite breakfast; its yummy, fills me up, energizes me and is oh-so healthy, helping me to maintain a realistic body weight and a healthy lifestyle :)


Ingredients:
120ml of milk
1/2 cup of oats
1 banana
1 tsp peanut butter
1 scoop of whey protein

Preparation time:
2 minutes

The macros for this meal are incredible...

           Oats Breakfast
Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Sugar
Bob's Red Mill - Steel Cut Oats Organic - Oatmeal, 1/2 cup uncooked
300
58
6
14
0
Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 0.5 cup
61
6
2
4
6
Skippy - Super Chunk Peanut Butter (Extra Crunchy), 0.4 Tbsp (32g)
38
1
3
1
1
U S D A - Half a Banana Raw, 100 g
45
16
0
1
6
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein 5lb - Chocolate Mint (31.5g), 31.5 g
120
2
2
24
2
Total
563
84g
13g
44g
15g

Method:

Simply pour the oats into a breakfast bowl (or Tupperware container) add half a banana and peanut butter. Mix the milk and whey protein in a shaker for 20 seconds before pouring it over the oats mix.  Leave overnight in the fridge and wake up to a delicious and nutritious meal that your body will love. 

Spoiler alert à This breakfast will not look appetizing, but don’t judge a book by its cover J

Note: I’m not into whey protein per se; I simply use it because my husband does & we tend to prepare our breakfasts together. Feel free to substitute it for 2 teaspoons of Milo or Nesquick (it'll lower your calorie intake too).

Enjoy the breakfast of champions.

Until next week J 

xC

PS - Are you following my Creative Business Tips series?? {Click here for more info}



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...