Tuesday 18 March 2014

Let's Chat Tuesday: Meet Miss Milly :)

Today on Let's Chat Tuesday, meet Miss Milly, AKA - Theresa Welgemoed!! This creative, inspiring woman has recently launched a stunning new blog and creative business, all centered around the things she loves most!!!


Question 1: Tell us a bit about you, your business and what you do?
My name is Theresa and I am the owner of Miss Milly. My love for washi tape turned into stationery, and pretty girly things and my love for words and writing; turned blog.

Question 2: What 3 words best describe your business?
Miss Milly is all about craft, dedication and prayer.


Question 3: How long has your business been running for?
I have been dreaming for the past 6 years of having my own business, but only started Miss Milly the business in November last year and the blog in January this year.

Question 4: What does a normal work day look like for you?
I leave home at 7 in the mornings to go to my day job and then return in the afternoons – I normally take a 30 minute break, just to putter around the house a bit before I get to Miss Milly. I check emails and reply to them, and work on orders going out. In between I spend time on social media to add updates and posts, and of course on Pinterest *blush*, to get some inspiration. Once a week I try to develop some ideas for new products, send out orders, work on my blog and network.

Question 5: Where do you work from, an office or from home? Tell us a bit about your work space.
I have a beautiful craft space at home; inspired by all the prettiness found on Pinterest and blogs. I have a trestle table (serving as my desk), in front of a large window with a nice view.

On my desk there’s a gorgeous orchid in bloom, vintage frames with photographs of loved ones, my diary and notebooks from Typo. I keep my craft supplies in different size boxes, neatly stacked on a bookshelf. Up on the wall on my chalkboard, I write inspirational quotes and draw pictures from time to time…

The colours used throughout are a combination of pastels with pink and turquoise and mint accents, and there are hints of my love for pretty things in bunting, bunnies, owls, and various trinkets. I am very sentimental and a bit of a hoarder – but in an “Obsessive-compulsive” kind of way.

Question 6: What do you consider your business’s greatest strength to be?
Miss Milly is still in her baby shoes, but I would hope that her greatest strength would be my love for craft and the finer details that add a subtle beauty to lives. And of course my faith.

Question 7: Apart from your business, what else are you passionate about?
God. Pink ice cream. Instagram. Love. Vintage. Lace.

Question 8: What’s one thing you’ve learned since starting your own business that you wish you could share with every creative out there?
To not be afraid to take the leap. Just start somewhere. And to really dream big.

Question 9: If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you take with you?
My leatherman, Redeeming love by Franice Rivers and a suitcase full of craft supplies.
Question 10: Where can we find more info about Miss Milly?


Website                              Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...